10 Tips for a Successful Business Trip
Time spent waiting around airports, sitting on public transport or stood in a queue at your hotel check-in is hardly productive. So, we asked some of our most frequent travellers to share their top tips for getting the most out of a business trip.
1) If you can, pack everything you need in your hand luggage as waiting for checked luggage to appear on the carousel can take hours, quite literally at some US airports.
2) If you’re flying first or business class choose an airline with a limo pick-up service from office to airport, and in reverse for the return leg. It saves time – and money. Even if you are outside of the maximum pickup distance it can still be worthwhile paying a small surcharge as this is still often cheaper than a cab.
3) Opt for FastTrack at the airport to get access to a dedicated security lane, enabling you to fly through security and reach the departure lounge quickly.
4) Even if you are not flying premium class an airport lounge can provide an oasis of calm while you wait. Your Travel Counsellor can pre-book your airport lounge which means you can still be productive at the airport.
5) Consider flying from a regional airport rather than from a major hub to pick up your long-haul leg. It will make for a shorter check-in and exit time, and generally a more stress-free trip.
6) Carry a photocopy of the main page of your passport with you - or store a copy securely on your phone. In the unlikely event that you lose your passport, it’ll save heaps of time getting a replacement at the local embassy.
7) Join a car rental member programme to minimise the wait time when picking up a hire car.
8) Weigh up the extra cost of a room on the executive floor of a hotel with the host of time-saving extra services that come with it, such as check-in and check-out on the executive floor upstairs, or in your bedroom, somewhere to stage meetings (for free), and the all-day snacks that will translate to a more productive time on-site.
9) Be Appy – Keeping all your travel information in the MyTC app means you will always be in total control of your trip.
10) Make your booking with Travel Counsellors. Just one phone call and your Travel Counsellor will save you bags of time by booking all your travel arrangements and that’s not just the basics of hotel and flight but car hire and even restaurants. And if your trip is disrupted, we’ll be there, 24/7 to make alternative arrangements.
Give us a call on +44 (0) 161 464 5350 or fill in the form below and let us call you back.